[ros-release] Many packages failing to build

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri Nov 22 02:48:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Isaac Isao Saito <
iisaito at opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp> wrote:

> Thank you Tully, now I see all green at least with my packages. Let me
> still ask one thing more,
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org>
> wrote:
> > :
> > The one you linked to has a broken upstream dependency.
> >
> > Which looking at that it appears that one of the slaves went offline:
>
> Is the cause of a slave going offline in one or some of the packages
> in the build chain? If so, do you have an idea what can potentially
> cause it? Sorry, this may be a pure jenkins question, but I couldn't
> find a reasonable answer after googling..

It's just generally the machine malfunctions.  Sometimes they lose
connectivity, run out of disk or memory space, etc. They're running for
weeks to months sometimes continuously busy. If they crash cleanly jenkins
will just skip them. If they still accept jobs but fail due to underlying
problems you see the errors.

Tully