[ros-release] What is the status of code.ros.org?

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Tue Oct 1 18:37:27 UTC 2013

Tully has announced on ros-users that everybody should migrate repositories away from kforge.ros.org / code.ros.org (http://lists.ros.org/pipermail/ros-users/2013-September/067953.html).
Simply because we have (nearly) no control over these servers anymore and they might go away anytime.

I am not aware of any package released into Hydro that still uses code.ros.org - so zero seems plausible for me.
But other references e.g. in Groovy should be updated if the repos have alraedy been migrated.

If the repos have not yet been migrated I can only advise every maintainer to grab their code and put it somewhere else or it might suddenly disappear...

- Dirk