[ros-release] What is the status of code.ros.org?

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Tue Oct 1 21:04:17 UTC 2013

I will push for us to discuss making a read-only mirror with OSU. However,
I think there are complications with hosting and svn respecting mod rewrite
rules (if we wanted to host it somewhere else like google code and rewrite
the url on access), but I could be wrong about that. So currently I would
assume we cannot do it, and move on from there.

I have to agree with Dirk, we should poke the people tied to the packages
in your grep output to update their links, and if there are not maintainers
to update those links then there isn't much we can do about it. I'll put
together a list and email ros-users to remind people.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM, William Woodall <william at osrfoundation.org
> > wrote:
>
>> We do not have it in our contract with OSU to host a svn server there.
>>
>> Jack can you give us concrete places where 'code.ros.org/svn' is
>> referenced directly. We reviewed the wiki and auto-generated documentation
>> for problems like this, but we certainly did not do an exhaustive review of
>> everything out there.
>>

> I'm sure there are many links no one knows how to find.

If we can't find them then we can't fix them. Ultimately, hosting
everything forever is not something we can reasonably do. We have to
continually update and move forward as best we can with the limited
resources we have.

--
William Woodall
ROS Development Team