[ros-release] p2os Maintenance status

Austin Hendrix legotown at aol.com
Thu May 29 16:54:15 UTC 2014

Background:
The existing p2os repository is https://github.com/allenh1/p2os
The issue in question about transferring ownership is
https://github.com/allenh1/p2os/issues/14

In general, if a ROS package is missing functionality or has bugs, you
should file a bug report, to let the maintainer know that there is a
problem. If you have fixes for a particular bug or additional features,
you should submit them as a pull request.

Looking at the issue history for the p2os driver, I see that the level
of support is actually quite good: there are no open bug reports, no
open pull requests, and there has been a new release fairly quickly
after major issues were addressed.

Aris: I suggest you fork the github repository, and submit your fixes as
pull requests. If you'd like the maintainer to make a release of the
p2os driver into Hydro or Indigo, open an issue requesting a release,
and see what the response is.

Regards,
-Austin