[ros-release] Formerly ROS packages

Steven Peters scpeters at osrfoundation.org
Tue Dec 15 01:02:46 UTC 2015

A few packages that are important to ROS have been released into the
official Debian and Ubuntu repositories, such as console_bridge,
urdfdom_headers, and urdfdom. I would like to release new versions of these
packages prior to Ubuntu X.

Currently I'm planning to use the github.com GUI to create a release from
the master branch (with a Changelog of course). Am I correct that bloom is
no longer used for these packages?

I think urdfdom_headers is ready, so we will release that first, followed
by console_bridge which still has a couple open pull requests, then urdfdom.

Any objections?

Steve