[ros-release] Releasing with dependency package missing on one distro

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Wed Jun 10 18:22:22 UTC 2015

I don't believe that it is possible since the build farm will always
generate a job for each supported ubuntu target on the given ROS
distribution. There is no way to indicate in the distribution.yaml file
that a particular target is unsupported.

You could generate the appropriate tags and branches in bloom for only a
subset of ubuntu versions by adding the `--distros` option to the
`git-bloom-generate rosdebian` command in the "actions" section of the
`tracks.yaml` file of your release repository. However, that will not
prevent the farm from generating a job for those unreleased ubuntu versions.

William Woodall
ROS Development Team
william at osrfoundation.org
http://wjwwood.io/