[ros-users] camera_info_manager status

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:23:20 UTC 2010

I just committed some changes to the experimental camera_info_manger
implementation currently packaged with camera1394 in the
camera_drivers_experimental stack.

With this change, camera1394 starts cleanly even if the
~camera_info_manager/url parameter points to a non-existent file. That
allows starting an uncalibrated camera, so the file will be written on
the call to set_camera_info when calibration completes.

This fix is basically a hack to catch exceptions thrown by the
yaml_cpp package. If the file is in .ini format, it will not work.

Patrick Beeson's sr4k driver uses a separate copy of the
camera_info_manager. I have not updated that version yet.

We discussed this issue and decided it would be cleaner to temporarily
pull camera_info_manager into a separate camera_drivers_experimental
package, used by both, until it is ready for release. Blaise suggested
adding it to camera_calibration_parsers, which makes sense to me. But,
we still need a readily available common implementation to support
testing of the experimental drivers with the boxturtle release.

Unless there are objections, I plan to move the code to that new
experimental package shortly.
--
 joq