[ros-users] Ros as a Build Environment

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Fri Apr 2 16:02:51 UTC 2010

With respect to #1, this is something that we are working on
internally, i.e. making a clean separation between the build system
and the runtime system. For now, if  you really want to disable the
extra building, then you should take a look at
rosmake/src/rosmake/rosmake.py and modify the 'always_build' variable.
NOTE: you will have to manually build these packages to successfully
build the runtime components of ROS.

 - Ken