[ros-users] Control PR2 to grasp objects

Yun Jiang helenjyun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 04:44:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm working on an project of controlling PR2 to grasp objects. I'm new to
ROS and got several stupid questions,

1) after grasping, when I use planner to move the arm, it always returned
the state is in collision. I felt that I probably should attach the object
to the robot to avoid obstacle detection for it. But I don't know how. Is
there any service or simple way to do this?

2) I read tutorials about moving one arm, but I'm wondering if I can control
two arms simultaneously so that they can move together?

Thanks!

Best,
Yun

--