[ros-users] Holonomic motion with move_base

Weißhardt, Florian Florian.Weisshardt at ipa.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 7 17:42:50 UTC 2010

Hi together,

we are currently exploring the ROS navigation stack on Care-O-bot 3. Gmapping and amcl is already up and running yet we are now running in some problems with the move_base package. We are having troubles getting smooth motions and exploiting the holonomic base. E.g. the planner does not command any sidewards motions although we set the holonomic parameter in the local planner to true. Does anyone has experienced similar problems and knows which parameter to adapt? For reference we appended the configuration files for the base_local_planner.

TrajectoryPlannerROS:
  max_vel_x: 0.2
  min_vel_x: 0.01
  max_rotational_vel: 0.5
  min_in_place_rotational_vel: 0.1

  acc_limit_th: 0.5
  acc_limit_x: 0.1
  acc_limit_y: 0.1

  holonomic_robot: true

  sim_time: 5
  sim_granularity: 0.01
  xy_goal_tolerance: 0.3
  yaw_goal_tolerance: 0.1

We would be grateful for any help.

Best regards from Stuttgart

Christian and Florian

---
Dipl.-Ing. Florian Weißhardt

Fraunhofer IPA, Abt. 324/Robotersysteme
Nobelstrasse 12, D-70569 Stuttgart (Germany)
Phone +49(0)711-970-1046,
Fax +49(0)711-970-1008
http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/ <http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/>