[ros-users] removing dead nodes from roscore registration

Rosen Diankov rosen.diankov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 08:22:20 UTC 2010

If processes immediately die without properly calling the ros shutdown
methods, the node will stay registered with the core forever. the
result is that the rxgraph slowly gets cluttered with dead nodes and
makes it really inconvenient. we've tried 'rosnode kill', but that
doesn't seem to un-register the node. because we want to keep a
roscore constantly running on every robot, we cannot just restart the
roscore....

given that nodes will always have bugs that cause immediate shutdown,
is there any way to at least get rxgraph to stop displaying them?

thank you,
rosen,