[ros-users] Best way to set the parameters for the controllers (param or message?)

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Mon Apr 19 16:56:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm currently setting the parameters for the controllers (PID and so on)
via a message (I have a subscriber which updates the values when it
receives the corresponding message).

It works well, but I wanted to know what was the recommended way of
doing that in ROS. Is it better to do it using parameters? (But then how
can I  change the corresponding values when the parameters are updated?)

Cheers,

Ugo

Ugo Cupcic         |  Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer      251 Liverpool Road
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot