[ros-users] gazebo crashes when trying to run pr2 - backtrace

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 1 19:38:54 UTC 2010

Hi Michal,
Sorry it must have gotten lost in my ever growing inbox :)
>From the backtrace here, it looks like the instance of Simulator object has
been deleted probably due to some other problems.  Can you:

 - do "thread apply all bt" in gdb and post the outputs
 - Does the console output still contain the error from GLX?, i.e.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Ogre::RenderingAPIException'
 what():  OGRE EXCEPTION(3:
RenderingAPIException): Zero sized texture
surface on texture high_def_sensor_RttTex face 0 mipmap 0. Probably, the
GL driver refused to create the texture. in
GLTexture::_createSurfaceList at OgreGLTexture.cpp (line 405)

if so, then it is possible that the combination of ATI card and driver does
not support the OpenGL calls by Ogre.  See this
page<http://www.ros.org/wiki/simulator_gazebo/SystemRequirements>for
more info.

Thanks,
John