[ros-users] problems with image_transport and remap

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:08:27 UTC 2010

This morning, I noticed that when trying to remap a topic from the
camera1394 driver, I could not get the remap to work.  It seems to me
(possibly incorrectly) that topics created from the image_transport
class will not remap at either the command-line or at from launch files.

To test:

run 'rosrun camera1394 camera 1394'.  rostopic shows
camera1394/camera/image_raw, etc.

Now run 'rosrun camera1394 camera1394 camera:=left'.  the camera was not
replaced by left, as is supposed to happen in version 0.9+.

Thoughts?