[ros-users] camera1394 and swissranger

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:27:35 UTC 2010

Dejan Pangercic wrote:
> Hey Patrick,
>> If it doesn't find your camera, then I'd suggest manually downloading
>> the Beta libmesa .deb from the web and installing that instead of the
>> .deb that gets manually installed by my program.  Running
>> libMesaSRTester successfully is a prerequisite to having my driver work,
>> and will often flash the firmware to get the device in a state to talk
>> to the new API.
> This is how my testing ends (using your libmesa .deb):
> "
> ****002**** Testing SR_OpenDlg			SUCCESS
> ****003**** Testing SR_GetDeviceString
> ****003**** Testing SR_GetDeviceString		SUCCESS
> ****004**** Testing SR_SetTimeout (BLIND)	SUCCESS
> ****005**** Testing Get Rows/Cols		FAILED
> ****006**** Testing Get Rows/Cols		FAILED
> ****007**** Testing GetImageList		SUCCESS
> ****008**** Testing GetImage			SUCCESS
> ****009**** Testing GetImage			SUCCESS
> ****010**** Testing GetImage			SUCCESS
> ****011**** Testing GetImage			SUCCESS
> Segmentation fault
> "
> Shall I be concerned about the seg. fault?

You shouldn't see "FAILED" and definitely shouldn't get a segfault.
Did it print out any messages about "Flashing firmware" (or similar)?
I'm guessing that it isn't going to work until it upgrades the firmware,
which happens onmy SR4k, whenever I get a new version of the library.

You may have to contact Mesa about this, as this library is supposed to
work for all their SR products.  Sorry that it doesn't seem to be
working for yours.  You could try their Windows version of the libmesasr
driver with their visualization software.  Mayne this will get far
enough along to flash the new firmware, which will allow it to work
under Linux.  Or maybe there is some manual process that isn't
documented to get some sr3K devices working with the new libmesa
libraries.  Again sorry.