[ros-users] stereo calibration topic requirements?

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:11:11 UTC 2010

Hey Adam,

I'm trying to do stereo calibration as well and running into the exact
same problem. I'm switching from boxturtle to latest to see if that
will solve the problem. If you do 'rostopic list -v' you will probably
see /image listed as being subscribed to, but having unknown type,
meaning nothing is publishing it yet. At least that is the behavior I
get. However, I was still having the same hanging behavior even after
commenting out the line in cameracalibrator.py where it subscribes to
/image, so it may or may not be the root problem.

My understanding is that when publishing to a /camera_info topic, the
timestamps for the camera_info and the image_raw should be synced, so
you have to publish at whatever rate you publish your image. I could
be wrong, but that is my understanding from the discussion surrounding
a previous problem I was having with image_proc not working with
camera1394.

- Eric