[ros-users] camera_calibration

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 7 16:53:07 UTC 2010

With two threads this morning discussing calibration with unsynchronized
cameras, I can't help wondering how well the camera_calibration code
will work if the cameras aren't being triggered simultaneously. If
camera_calibration decides to use a pair of frames in which the
checkerboard was moving, I imagine that you might be trying to match
checkerboards that were actually at different positions, which would
certainly lead to poor calibration.

I have no idea if this is a reasonable worry to have, and James could
probably say more about this than I could. I imagine that motion blur
would tend to discourage the use of frames in which the target is
moving.