[ros-users] URDF Textures

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 7 18:06:39 UTC 2010

For getting it from a package, package://pkg-name/texture.jpg

$(find pkg)... doesn't necessarily work because the client app (rviz for
example) may be running from a different tree.

The ideal is to have it grab it off an http server (hosted on the robot), so
that the client doesn't even need the same set of packages.

Josh