[ros-users] UDPROS in rospy?

Patrick Bouffard patrick.m.bouffard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:50:53 UTC 2010

In the meantime, if I want to send topics to and from python nodes across a
wifi link and value low latency over guarantees on reception, what is
recommended?

A few options that occur to me:

- use a relay node from topictools at each end (not sure how to tell it to
use UDPROS)
- write my own relay-type node that uses UDPROS
- use some other tool (netcat perhaps?) to do the relaying
- just wait until rospy supports UDPROS (is it planned for inclusion in a
particular release?)

Pat