[ros-users] camera_info message and stereo_image_proc

Rosen Diankov rosen.diankov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:40:28 UTC 2010

So it looks like everyone uses the CameraInfo.P to go from 3D to 2D
rectified image. I know that CameraInfo has been designed very
carefully and evolved over the past 2 years, I don't understand why
the message has both K and P, when P holds the exact same information
and only it is supposed to be used...

Also, if P describes the 2D/3D relationship for the rectified plane,
and the camera's TF frame is in the original non-rectified plane, what
frame should nodes publish their image measurements in to guarantee
the correct transformations happen?

thanks,
rosen,