[ros-users] camera_info message and stereo_image_proc

Rosen Diankov rosen.diankov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:27:24 UTC 2010

Hi Blaise, Dejan,

thank you for the responses.

We have several ros nodes that compute the 6D pose of objects from
images. This data can come from stereo cameras, or can compute from
single cameras. Either way, the CameraInfo message explains how the
image was generated and it provides an intrinsic matrix, so we try to
be consistent and do all processing depending on what the CameraInfo
dictates.

I don't understand how nodes can just use rectified images without
knowing the intrinsic parameters... is there a tf frame that does the
intrinsic parameter computation?

rosen,