[ros-users] BFL

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 15 15:08:46 UTC 2010

> I want to use particle filter from the bfl package to track a target from a
> static laser range finder.
> However, since bfl belongs to orocos and there are no straightforward
> examples how this can be used in ros, it would be great help if anyone can
> share some already implemented code to get an idea.

There is no special integration between BFL and ROS, we just pull the
BFL source code and compile it as a library. You can find a nice
getting started guide on the BFL homepage <http://orocos.org/bfl>. To
use BFL from another ROS package, simply add 'bfl' to your manifest,
and you can include the BFL headers you need.

Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.
<http://www.willowgarage.com)