[ros-users] Costmap_2d_tutorials without stageros?

Daniel Maier maierd at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Apr 19 20:57:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:07:22 +0200, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com>
wrote:

> Dan,
> Generating the clock message from the original carmen logs sounds like
> the
> right thing to do in this case.  The very old messages will be tossed
> out on
> receipt in the costmap_2d tf::MessageFilters because they are way out of
> date.
>
> To publish time it's simpy a roslib/Clock message on the /clock topic
> it's
> documented at http://www.ros.org/wiki/Clock
>
> Tully

Thanks alot, that did the trick! Costmap_2d calls the callback functions
and I can see the published map in rviz.
I only got an issue with displaying the map in rviz. Every few seconds the
grid cells get cleared and redrawn.
In the exact moment the message counter for the grid cells is reset to 0
and the .Global Status displays the following error:
For frame [/Base_link]: No transform to fixed frame [/odom].  TF error:
[Could not find a connection between '/odom' and '/Base_link' because they
are not part of the same tree.Tf has two or more unconnected trees.]
Than the grid cells reappear.
Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help!
Dan