[ros-users] Publishing a Costmap

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 28 18:05:12 UTC 2010

Arun,

There is a parameter that you need to set for the costmap to publish
visualization information. I believe the parameter is called
publish_frequency, and you'll want to make sure its set to something other
than 0.0. If you don't set this parameter, nothing will be published by the
costmap. You can find documentation on the costmap and its associated
parameters here: www.ros.org/wiki/costmap_2d.

Hope this helps,

Eitan