[ros-users] rosdeps for gtest, paramiko on debian, gentoo, arch, redhat, etc.

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:38:17 UTC 2010

On 28-04-2010 21:52, Tully Foote wrote:
> We are converting gtest and paramiko from ROS packages into system
> dependencies using rosdep.  We have tested the install rules in
> rosdep.yaml for Ubuntu and OSX, however we do not have all flavors of
> linux available to test against.
>
> If you are running ROS on another system, if you get a chance please
> reply with your:
>
>  * OS and version
>  * package manager name of gtest and paramiko (e.g. "python-paramiko")
>  * the version of gtest and paramiko for your platform
>
> This will ensure we can release the next ROS 1.1.x update with full
> compatibility.
>
> thanks,
> Tully

For what it's worth, for FreeBSD it would be:
- py-paramiko
- googletest
I've integrated this into my local version of rosdep.yaml.

Is it possible to integrate the rules for FreeBSD upstream? This might
reduce future merge conflicts (not that they are hard to resolve). I've
put a patch for rosdep.yaml at
ftp://rene-ladan.nl/pub/freebsd/rosdep.yaml.diff

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)