[ros-users] Reserved message names?

Sanja Popovic sanja at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 12 21:17:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've created a message for my package named Status and in the code, I had the following function:
void pullPickCallback(bookbot::Status s) {
}

When compiling the file, I got the following error:
  /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/lis/bookbot/src/driver.cpp:57: error: variable or field ‘pullPickCallback’ declared void
  /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/lis/bookbot/src/driver.cpp:57: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘int’

Line 57 is the one I copied above.

Changing the message name from Status to something else fixed the problem. Is Status reserved name in ROS for something or did I just bump into a really strange bug?

Thanks,
Sanja