[ros-users] Shunk/Amtec arm ros node

garratt garrattgallagher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:29:00 UTC 2010

I've used Schunk arms with Openrave+ROS.  There are drivers, as well as
arm models available in the OpenRAVE repository:
http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Robotics_Manipulation_System

I am in the process of releasing an updated version of the
schunk_powercube_controllers package, which interfaces with OpenRAVE and
ROS.

Also, I just noticed the cob_powercube_chain
http://www.ros.org/wiki/cob_powercube_chain

Note that the Schunk arms have come with different controllers over time
- The arms I work with use the powercube interface, but they used to use
a different, 'motion' interface, which works with the
schunk_motion_controllers package.

Assuming that this is the arm you are using, I can help you get started.

Garratt