[ros-users] vSLAM demo?

Helen Oleynikova eoleynikova at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 25 03:41:36 UTC 2010

Hi Pooja,
Thank you so much! I'm thrilled to hear you got it working. I fixed the
transforms in test_bag.launch; all the correct transforms should now be
published.
If you already have a map server running, you simply need to input the
initial pose of the robot in the map as a transform between the /pgraph and
/map frames as a static tf transform publisher, which can be done in the
launch file (see below) or as a separate node that takes the initial pose as
an input from somewhere (i.e., initialpose topic from rviz) and publishes it
to tf.

<node name="pgraph_tf_publisher" pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher"
args="-30 -5 0.0 0.0 0.0 -0.37 0.92 /pgraph /map 50" />

Please let me know if you have any more issues.
Thanks,
Helen