[ros-users] Pioneer 3-AT with SICK LMS200 (communication issues)

Renato Samperio mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:18:59 UTC 2010

Hi Tomas,

I had a delay problem with a Pioneer 3AT and a Sick LMS 200. I tested the functionality
of a serial/usb cable to the connected port by using additional software to ROS sickwrapper
such as ARIA demo program or Player driver.

My specific problem was that the initialisation time on some Pioneers (2 and 3)
takes about 20s. The driver assumes to be on request but it takes a time. I
did a simple hack to the code of the sick wrapper for re-asking to connect
after 20s.

We have the following discussion about it:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.robotics.ros.user/5555

And a ticket was created for updating the driver:

https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4138

Perhaps that would help your sick to be on and working in
the meantime.

Cheers,

Renato.