[ros-users] Pioneer3

Pablo Hevia-Koch pablo at hevia-koch.cl
Fri Aug 27 16:47:30 UTC 2010

David

Thanks for your help.

I ran into a little trouble while connecting to my Pioneer 3 AT. Using p2os
stack.

I am using a USB-to-serial adaptor to connect to the Pioneer, in a Ubuntu
machine, the same one running roscore. I changed the source code of
p2os_driver to use ttyUSB0 instead of ttyS0 (changed the define).

The main problem is that when I start the p2os_driver, i connect to the
pioneer succesfully, but once the driver gets to:

Connected to PIONEER NAME, a Pioneer p3at-sh
[ INFO] [1282927100.884548427]: resetting raw positions

The robot starts beeping, with the same sound that happens when a connection
is lost. Even though I can read the battery level. Nothing happens when I
press the motors enable button on the dashboard, and I cannot teleoperate
the robot using a joystick.

Any insight?

PS: i can connect to the robot using the same adapter via Carmen or Player.

Keep Creating,

Pablo