[ros-users] Moving robot to arbitrary position in Stage

zdydek zac at mit.edu
Mon Dec 6 23:58:01 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm currently using stage to simulate my robot, and I know of only 2 ways to
change the robot's position:

1. By setting the "pose" parameter in the world file.
2. By click-and-dragging the robot in the Stage window.

I would like to know if it is possible to give the robot an arbitrary pose
from the command line or by sending a message out on some topic. This would
give me the precision of setting the numbers exactly as can be done in the
world file, but also the flexibility to make changes to the robot positions
while the simulation is running.

Does functionality like this exist?

Thanks!

-Zac