[ros-users] Using Ogre in new package

Julian Giesen jgiesen at uni-koblenz.de
Thu Dec 9 17:51:15 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a package which depends on Ogre.

I've seen that there are already some CMake scripts that generate the
.cfg files used by Ogre from cfg.in files in the Ogre package itself,
and would like to use them for my project, but I couldn't figure out how
they are used by the other packages that depend on Ogre, like rviz. I
also couldn't find any hints in the Wiki or in the mailing list archive,
so my question is:

What is the right way to invoke the ROS version of Ogre from my own package?

Any hints would be very appreciated.

Best,
Julian