[ros-users] building executables in cturtle

PinakiBanerjee pinaki2999 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:12:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm having problems with building executables in cturtle. I tried the
tutorials available on ROS but with no help. I would appriciate if somebody
can give me a clue......

I was originally using boxturtle. Yesterday i installed
ros-cturtle-point-cloud-perception. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.

Everything goes fine with the installation and rosmake pcl. I added a new
file pcd_write.cpp in src/examples/ and added the follwing lines in the file
CMakeLists.txt inside /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/point_cloud_perception/pcl :

rosbuild_add_executable (tutorial_pcd_write src/examples/pcd_write.cpp)
target_link_libraries (tutorial_pcd_write pcl_io)

But when i use a make inside
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/point_cloud_perception/pcl the executable is not
built. Also i did not get any msg after the make command. The cursor goes
for the next prompt in terminal.

Am i missing some steps ?