[ros-users] building executables in cturtle

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Thu Dec 9 21:34:47 UTC 2010

On 12/09/2010 01:12 PM, PinakiBanerjee wrote:
> Everything goes fine with the installation and rosmake pcl. I added a new
> file pcd_write.cpp in src/examples/ and added the follwing lines in the file
> CMakeLists.txt inside /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/point_cloud_perception/pcl :
>
> rosbuild_add_executable (tutorial_pcd_write src/examples/pcd_write.cpp)
> target_link_libraries (tutorial_pcd_write pcl_io)
>
> But when i use a make inside
> /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/point_cloud_perception/pcl the executable is not
> built. Also i did not get any msg after the make command. The cursor goes
> for the next prompt in terminal.

Uh oh - something's wrong there. Is there a file called Makefile in that directory? If so, then things should be working
great!

Btw, you might want to checkout the perception_pcl stack which continues where point_cloud_perception in cturtle left
off. See http://www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl for more information.

PS. All tutorials are already built for you in pcl_tutorials, so there's no need to c&p the code from the web page.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org