[ros-users] Moving from Player to ROS

Amir H. Soltanzadeh amirhst at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:40:44 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Sorry for my general question!

Since 2007 we use Player in our laboratory to develop accurate real-time 2D
SLAM to be used in our mobile robots in rough terrain. At the time being we
have a fine odometry-free 2D mapping in very harsh environments and we want
to extent our system to be capable of autonomous navigation in such areas.
Since this will be a relatively long-term project and ROS has potentially
much more advantages in this area, I'm wondering whether we should move from
Player to ROS (at the cost of loosing time) or not!

Any advice or comment will be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Amir

============================
Amir Hossein Soltanzadeh