[ros-users] Moving from Player to ROS

Dejan Pangercic dejan.pangercic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:54:42 UTC 2010

Hi Amir,

I believe that Brian will better answer your question. Until then you
can browse the archive of this mailing list (keywords: player ros
migration) as this issue has been already discussed couple of times. I
see also that Brian has actually set up a wiki page dedicated to it
too: http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/PlayerIntegration.

As of my personal experience I have 2 strong arguments for using
Player over ROS, a)there is simply no features that Player can offer
me and ROS not, and b)the community of ROS is simply by orders of
magnitude bigger.
@Brian: Is Player actually still being actively developed?

D.