[ros-users] Eclipse projects

nitinDhiman nitinkdhiman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:18:01 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,
I had done as mentioned. I had imported gmapping package in eclipse.
I can see environment variable on rightClick ProjectName in Project Explorer
->Properties->C++ Make Project-> environment. Although these were not
visible in  windows->preferences->build->environment. I did added these. I
had added these environment variable to my profile as well, hoping eclipse
will pick them from there.

On running the executable, i got following  output

ROS_ROOT is not set!  Using default rosconsole configuration values
[FATAL] [1292404869.409345469]: ROS_MASTER_URI is not defined in the
environment. Either type the following or (preferrably) add this to your
~/.bashrc file in order set up your local machine as a ROS master:
export ROS_MASTER_URI=http://localhost:11311
then, type 'roscore' in another shell to actually launch the master
program.
[FATAL] [1292404869.409465875]: BREAKPOINT HIT
	file =
/tmp/buildd/ros-cturtle-ros-1.2.4/debian/ros-cturtle-ros/opt/ros/cturtle/ros/core/roscpp/src/libros/master.cpp
	line=70

Also I added a new target alias to make file in all which result in
following output in build:
/usr/bin/make all
mkdir -p bin
cd build && cmake -Wdev -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=`rospack find
rosbuild`/rostoolchain.cmake  ..
CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/slam_gmapping/gmapping/build/CMakeCache.txt is
different than the directory
/tmp/buildd/ros-cturtle-slam-gmapping-1.2.0/debian/ros-cturtle-slam-gmapping/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/slam_gmapping/gmapping/build
where CMackeCache.txt was created. This may result in binaries being created
in the wrong place. If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt
Re-run cmake no build system arguments
CMake Error: The source
"/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/slam_gmapping/gmapping/CMakeLists.txt" does not
match the source
"/tmp/buildd/ros-cturtle-slam-gmapping-1.2.0/debian/ros-cturtle-slam-gmapping/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/slam_gmapping/gmapping/CMakeLists.txt"
used to generate cache.  Re-run cmake with a different source directory.
make: *** [all] Error 1

I am using Eclipes Helios 7 with Cturtle.

I am not able to found out what wrong i am doing as settings looks ok. Any
help on it will be great.
thank you
nitin