[ros-users] Korean translation problem of ROS tutorials

Kim, Yoonsoo yesarang.kim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:13:53 UTC 2010

Hi, ROS users,

I'm trying to translate ROS tutorials(http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials)
into Korean ones(http://www.ros.org/ko/wiki/ROS/Tutorials<http://www.ros.org/wiki/ko/ROS/Tutorials>
).
But I have two problems.

One is that if I write some Korean characters in tutorial header like
following

---
####################################
##FILL ME IN
####################################
## links to any required tutorials
## note= Before starting these tutorials please install
'''ros-cturtle-base''' as described in the [[ROS/Installation|ROS 설치 방법]]
## descriptive title for the tutorial
## title = ROS 파일시스템 돌아다니기
## multi-line description to be displayed in search
## description = This tutorial introduces ROS filesystem concepts, and
covers using the roscd, rosls, and [[rospack]] commandline tools.
## the next tutorial description
## next =
## links to next tutorial
## next.0.link= [[ROS/Tutorials/CreatingPackage|Creating a ROS package]]
## what level user is this tutorial for
## level= BeginnerCategory
####################################
---

I get unicode error
--
UnicodeEncodeError

'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 113-114: ordinal not in
range(128)

If you want to report a bug, please save this page and attach it to your bug
report.

   - Show debugging
information<http://www.ros.org/wiki/ko/ROS/Tutorials/NavigatingTheFilesystem>

   - Report bug <http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs>
   - Visit MoinMoin wiki <http://moinmo.in/FrontPage>

---

for http://www.ros.org/wiki/ko/ROS/Tutorials/NavigatingTheFilesystem

Another one is that if I write Korean tutorial page, then it is also listed
on the original ROS tutorials list page(
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials). But I want to list Korean tutorials
is listed only on the Korean ROS tutorials list page(
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ko/ROS/Tutorials). How can I do this?

TIA,

- Yoonsoo