[ros-users] roshlets

Patrick Bouffard bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 29 08:10:37 UTC 2010

I'm a bit confused about roshlets. According to the wiki the following
should work:

{{{
$ rosrun rosh roshlet.py rosh/echolet.py --plugins=rosh_common,rosh_geometry
Usage: roshlet.py pkg/Type [plugins...]

roshlet.py: error: no such option: --plugins
}}}

.. removing the --plugins option doesn't help either:

{{{
$ rosrun rosh roshlet.py rosh/echolet.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/ros/unstable/stacks/roshpit/rosh/nodes/roshlet.py", line
84, in <module>
    roshlet_main()
  File "/opt/ros/unstable/stacks/roshpit/rosh/nodes/roshlet.py", line
78, in roshlet_main
    roshlet_standalone(name, package, type_, args[1:])
  File "/opt/ros/unstable/stacks/roshpit/rosh/nodes/roshlet.py", line
47, in roshlet_standalone
    rosh.impl.roshlets.standalone(name, package, type_, plugins)
TypeError: standalone() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)
}}}

However, I notice that the following works:

{{{
$ rosrun rosh rosh rosh/echolet.py --plugins=rosh_common,rosh_geometry
}}}

But, what if I want to access command-line arguments in my roshlet? If
I provide additional arguments then rosh complains:

{{{
$ rosrun rosh rosh rosh/echolet.py arg1 arg2
Usage: rosh pkg/Type [options]

rosh: error: Please specify only one roshlet pkg/Type
}}}

Thanks,
Pat