[ros-users] object grasping

Christian Potthast potthast at usc.edu
Thu Dec 30 22:20:43 UTC 2010

Hey all,
I am looking for an object grasping pipeline in ROS for the PR2. I have
seen the 'pr2_tabletop_manipulation_apps' which seems to be really
awesome. Or maybe there is another pipeline I could/should use.

Basically what I need is a simple pick/place task for simple object.

I basically have already extracted all the objects from a laser scanner
produced point cloud as well as the table top. I have seen the
'pr2_tabletop_manipulation_apps' task is using the tabletop_detection
service. I have not used it yet, but I can image my detection service is
a little bit more accurate, since I tweaked it quit a lot.
So I am wondering if there is an easy way to replace this part, but
still using the pipeline?

Or maybe there is another option object manipulation I'd have already
implemented in ROS ?

Thanks
Christian