[ros-users] Navigation stack : Error : Aborting because a valid plan could not be found

shankerk shankerkeshavdas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 02:56:22 UTC 2010

Hi Eitan,

Changing the publish_frequency helped. I changed it from 0 to 5 and now I
can see the robot footprint. I then estimate the initialpose as demonstrated
in the rviz/navigation stack tutorial, but the Pose Array does not form.
Sometimes it forms for a second and it is gone again.

Regarding amcl, I can see that it is subscribing to both /scan and /tf. When
you suggest getting localization up and running, do you mean just running,
the 'Laser, TF and odometry' nodes, the amcl node and the map node, and then
moving the robot via joystick? Or is there a separate tutorial for
localization? If so, I am unable to find it.

Thanks again,

Shanker