[ros-users] Navigation stack : Error : Aborting because a valid plan could not be found

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 1 17:37:50 UTC 2010

Shanker,

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:56 PM, shankerk <shankerkeshavdas at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Eitan,
>
> Changing the publish_frequency helped. I changed it from 0 to 5 and now I
> can see the robot footprint. I then estimate the initialpose as
> demonstrated
> in the rviz/navigation stack tutorial, but the Pose Array does not form.
> Sometimes it forms for a second and it is gone again.

This is a little strange. Can you run something like tf_monitor (
http://www.ros.org/wiki/tf#tf_monitor) to see if amcl is actively publishing
a transform?

> Regarding amcl, I can see that it is subscribing to both /scan and /tf.
> When
> you suggest getting localization up and running, do you mean just running,
> the 'Laser, TF and odometry' nodes, the amcl node and the map node, and
> then
> moving the robot via joystick? Or is there a separate tutorial for
> localization? If so, I am unable to find it.

I mean running the laser, odometry, map_server, amcl, and joystick nodes.
There's no separate tutorial on localization, but those nodes should be a
subset of what you're running for navigation so, hopefully, its not too
tough to put together. You can also just run everything you've been running,
but move the robot with the joystick instead of attempting to give the
navigation stack goals.

Hope this helps,

Eitan