[ros-users] Firewire camera synchronization

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:49:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Patrick Mihelich
<mihelich at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> image_pipeline is still due for a significant overhaul before Diamondback.
> That was scheduled for November, but got pushed back as I've been busy with
> other things. Approximate synchronization in stereo_image_proc will
> definitely happen in Diamondback.

Ok, thanks!

Just to make things clear: it will still not be a good solution for
firewire camera users
as images will still be unsynchronized. Only one process grabbing two
cameras will solve
this issue with high end firewire cameras such as the Flea2 which send
automatically synchronized frames
when the acquisition is done atomically.

Hopefully, adding the possibility to use camera1394 as nodelets may
help solving this problem in a clean way.
Is it still planned for DiamondBlack?

BTW for anybody interested, my synchronization node is available here:
https://github.com/laas/ros-hueblob/raw/master/src/fake_camera_synchronizer_node.cpp

Best,
--
Thomas Moulard