[ros-users] Simulating multiple laser scanners in Stage

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 21:36:08 UTC 2010

Hi Zac!

The current version of stageros allows exactly 1 laser per robot, no more no less.

I submitted a ticket with a patch a while ago to add the new sensor_msgs/Range to stage, and I changed it to allow multiple sensors per robot.

I you'd like I can send you the patched version of stage for your to run your sims. I never tried it with 2 lasers though, just with a laser and a sonar on a robot.

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - University of Coimbra
Portugal