[ros-users] iRobot - Roomba vs Create

Michael Ferguson mfergs7 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 20:46:08 UTC 2010

Using the brown-ros-pkg driver for the Creates we've found the odometry to
be good enough that gmapping/amcl can handle the error (with the shorter
range URG-04LX-UG01 lidar). However, I can't say we've gone more than maybe
an hour during any particular run. (also, just a note, I can't seem to find
the reference anywhere, but I seem to recall the Create encoders being 26
cpr of the drive wheel)

Mike Ferguson
ILS Social Robotics Lab
SUNY Albany