[ros-users] problem compiling ladybug2

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Tue Dec 7 19:45:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Raphael Favier <raphael.favier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Editing the manifest.xml of opencv2, I noticed that it exports its libraries
> as -lopencv_<name of lib>.
>
> Back in the CMakelist file of ladybug2, I replaced the occurrences of "cv"
> and "highgui" respectively by "opencv_core" and "opencv_highgui". And this
> solved my compilation problem.

You should be able to remove the references to cv and highgui
completely from ladybug2/CMakeLists.txt.  Executables built in that
package will already be linked against the exported libraries from the
opencv2 package, due to the ladybug2->opencv2 dependency.  See the
rosbuild docs for more on when not to use target_link_libraries():
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosbuild/CMakeLists/Examples#Linking_against_libraries_built_by_other_ROS_packages
.

	brian.