[ros-users] Particle cloud isn't displayed on rviz

Laura laurago894 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:24:59 UTC 2010

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your answer.

1. I am actually using gmapping to make the map->odom transform, I have it
in a separate launch file I didn't include. The reason I used gmapping to
make this transform is that I couldn't make it work with amcl. Perhaps the
problem lays there. Could you tell me if this transform has to necessarily
be executed by amcl? My odom source is RosAria.

I also wanted to know if the transform tree I am looking forward to is
actually useful for the execution of the navigation stack:

map->odom->base_link->base_scan.

I am a little bit confused because in amcl node's code I understood that the
attempted transform was odom->map and no map->odom.

2. I have already set /map as my fixed frame and the particle cloud isn't
displayed. In fact, the particle cloud never appears, even when I
teleoperate the robot with my keyboard.

Thank you very much for your help.

Laura