[ros-users] Release of new stack client_rosjava

Lorenz Mösenlechner moesenle at in.tum.de
Fri Dec 10 10:24:03 UTC 2010

Hi Ingo,

> Hi Lorenz,
>
> thanks for the great work, I've been looking forward to this :-)
>
> 2010/12/9 Lorenz Mösenlechner <moesenle at in.tum.de>:
> > Since Java message files cannot be included in the Debian packages,
>
> What's the problem here? I would have thought you can include whatever
> you want in a package?

to include the Java message files in the Debian packages, the rosjava
message generator which is located in the rosjava package needs to be
present during build time of all packages, i.e. all packages need to
depend on it. The other communication packages roscpp, rospy and
roslisp are part of the core and thus available during the build, but
not rosjava.

Lorenz

Lorenz Mösenlechner            | moesenle at in.tum.de
Technische Universität München | Boltzmannstr. 3
85748 Garching bei München     | Germany
http://ias.cs.tum.edu/         | Tel: +49 (89) 289-17750