[ros-users] Is it possible to "binary package" built stacks ?

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 15 00:04:56 UTC 2010

Hi Willy,

We release debian packages for our distributions. We are starting to
include debian packages from external contributors, but we are still
scaling our resources to handle this.

For your own software, you could do this by building your binaries on
the correct arch, and then creating a "ROS_NOBUILD" file in every
package.  The 'rosprotect' tool in eros does just this:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/eros_python_tools/rosprotect

This makes sure it does not get built again.  If you wish to copy this
tree to another system, you have to copy it into the same filesystem
location.  We are current working on resolving this issue.

 - Ken