[ros-users] Is it possible to "binary package" built stacks ?

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 23:54:33 UTC 2010

Thanks for this link.

I don't need to cross compile, all are x86 Linux Systemes. It's like :
"okay, I finished my developpement, know I would like to publish precompiled
binaires". Somehow it's like a make install which separates binairies from
build tree.
I am sure something allows to do it in ROS, it seems to be a so common
problem. Currently, I build everything my cmake and make install binaries
(and conf files) in a separate folder, then I just have to copy this folder
on my target. Is there anything like this in ROS ?

Let's take it differently. If I have dependencies, do I need to build all of
them, or may I catch pre-compile stacks like you will do with rosdep ?